Friday, May 19, 2017
Silverado Golf Resort, South Course
The 2017 Maxwell Cup promises to be another exciting and enjoyable tournament. Last year’s event was a great success, and we once again expect to have a full field of 144 golfers participating in the highly-anticipated tournament! Be sure to register early to secure your spot in this incredible tournament.
We are thrilled to once again to hold the Maxwell Cup at the prestigious Silverado Golf Resort South Course, designed by Johnny Miller and managed by Troon Golf. This course was recently voted one of the best resort golf courses in the world, and will be hosting the PGA Tour’s Safeway Open just a few months after our event. Silverado Golf Resort is a private course, so the Maxwell Cup offers you a special and rare opportunity to play where the pros play!
The 24th annual Maxwell Cup honors Dr. Malcolm Maxwell, Pacific Union College’s longest serving president and a man who dedicated his life to PUC and its students. Your participation and sponsorship of the Maxwell Cup will help to carry on Dr. Maxwell’s legacy of service and commitment to higher education.
We invite you to pull out your golf clubs, polish up your shoes, and come out for a wonderful day of golf at the 2017 Maxwell Cup!
Your participation in the Maxwell Cup makes a difference! Your sponsorship directly impacts the lives of outstanding students who truly want to experience an excellent Adventist education. Funds raised will support both student scholarships and the Pioneer Fund. Endowed scholarships provide funding for worthy students with financial need, seeking opportunities to learn in the Christ-centered environment of PUC. Contributions to the Pioneer Fund provide resources for pressing current needs such as academic equipment, scholarships for our most worthy students, and critical operational expenses. Sponsor Now to support PUC!
- 10:15 a.m. Registration, driving range, and practice green opens
- 11:00 a.m. Mobile burger-stand opens (complimentary lunch ticket provided at registration)
- 11:45 p.m. Putting Contest sponsored by Donald J. Logan, J.D., ‘77
- 12:25 p.m. Opening Ceremonies and national anthem by the PUC Vocal Octet
- 12:45 p.m. Call to Carts – Maxwell Cup Tournament begins!
- 5:30 p.m. Dinner Reception and Awards Presentation at The Arbor (located outside of the Conference Center)
- Four-player Scramble (team plays best ball after each stroke)
- Low gross score wins (no handicaps will be calculated)
- Team must play at least one drive from each player throughout the round (Par 3’s are eligible)
- Mulligans and other incentives are available for purchase at registration
1st Place Team:
2nd Place Team:
3rd Place Team:
Closest to the Pin, Hole 3:
Closest to the Pin, Hole 7:
Closest to the Pin, Hole 15:
Closest to the Pin, Hole 17:
Longest Drive, Hole 12 (Men Only):
Longest Drive, Hole 12 (Women Only):
Accurate Drive, Hole 5: